Velp NDA702 Dumas Nitrogen Analyser
A versatile Dumas Protein/Nitrogen Analyzer, able to perform precise nitrogen analysis and protein determination using either Helium or Argon as carrier gas. Ideal for markets where Helium is scarce, it offers high throughput and precision.
Dumas Nitrogen Analyser – Dual Carrier Gas
Helium has been the carrier gas for elemental analyzers for many years. After years of increasing prices and supply chain interruptions, obtaining Helium has become more and more difficult and expensive, especially in some countries.
The desire to replace Helium with a more easily accessible carrier gas has intensified and become reality. This is the reason why we have developed a N/protein analyzer able to use both Helium and its best alternative, Argon, without the need for replacing any part. This is NDA 702.
The Dumas method starts with a combustion to burn the sample, obtaining elemental compounds. Water is removed by a first physical trap (DriStep™), positioned after the combustion, and a second chemical one. Between the two, the elemental substances passed through a reduction furnace. The auto-regenerative CO2 adsorbers let pass only the elemental nitrogen that is detected by the LoGas™ innovative Thermal Conductivity Detector (TCD) with no requirement for a reference gas.
- Can operate with Argon or Helium as carrier gas
- Preinstalled methods selectable in an instant
- Controllable from PC with DUMAsoft™ software
- Powerful, clear and detailed reporting software
- Data storable in multiple formats for LIMS or PC
- Flash determination of nitrogen & protein content
- Automated analysis of preloaded samples (117 positions)
- Totally unsupervised operation
- Results produced 24/7/365
- Unmatched LOD (0.001 mg N (using He) – 0.01 mg N (using Ar))
- RSD less than 0.5% with EDTA standard
- Conforms to Good Laboratory Practice standard
- Leak tests (zone or total) ensure optimum performance
- LoGas™ TCD with no reference gas required
- Exceptionally low cost per analysis
- Premium quality consumables
- Low energy consumption
- Lowest operator costs
- Minimum possible waste & residues
- Optimized life of consumables
- Incorporates TEMS™ technology*