Velp BOD Sensor
Innovative, mercury-free and extremely reliable solution for BOD analysis (Biochemical Oxygen Demand).
BOD analysis is a chemical procedure for determining the amount of dissolved oxygen consumed by aerobic biological microorganisms in water.It is carried out on a given water sample at certain temp. over a specific period
The results are most commonly expressed in milligrams of oxygen consumed per litre of sample at a constant temperature of 20 °C over a 5 day incubation period (BOD5), or during complete oxidation obtained after a maximum period of 30 days (BODultimate).
- Measurement on scales of 90, 250, 600 and 999 ppm BOD
- Higher values can be measured by diluting the sample
- Models with stirring stations offer VELP stirring quality
- Sensor fits directly on the bottle containing the sample
- Automatically stores 5 BOD values at 24-hour intervals
- Enables analysis to continue over the weekend
- Results directly readable at any time, even after five days
- Direct readout in mg/l (ppm)
- Compact stirring stations
Priority to Safety
- IP 54 protection against particle and liquid ingress
- Class 3 IEC 1010 conformity
Choice of Models
- BOD Sensor Set, a ready-to-use solution for individual BOD analysis only
BOD Sensor, a dark glass bottle, an alkali holder and a stirring bar.
BOD Sensor Set is designed for use with the VELP MST stirrer.
- BOD Sensor System 6, a complete package for 6 tests
6-position stirring station, 6 BOD Sensors, dark glass bottles, alkali holders & stirring bars.
- BOD Sensor System 10, a complete package for 10 tests
10-position stirring station, 10 BOD Sensors, dark glass bottles, alkali holders & stirring bars.
Stirring stations are designed for simple handling, ensuring the VELP stirring quality.
Up to 5 stirring stations with 6 positions (30 samples) or 3 stirring stations with 10 positions
(30 samples) can be placed in a VELP incubator (FOC 215E)